Monday, December 5, 2011

Wax On, Wax Off...

I love the consistency of Annie Sloan's light and dark waxes that go with her chalk paints... they go on like butter!  Being the earth mother that I am (you can take a girl out of the Northwest, but you can't take the Northwest out of the girl), I just ordered some completely non-toxic wax that I am also looking forward to trying. 

I will let you know how it goes. 

In the meantime, the coffee table with the center medallion is done.  I did it in Old Ochre, so it complements the Medallion Buffet really nicely.  I have also finished a lamp that is in tones of warm cream and a warm, light grey... yummm!  I am currently working on a solid wood writing desk in the same colors.  Photos to come.

So many things to paint... so little time!

No comments:

Post a Comment