Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Intricacies...

The Medallion Coffee Table was fun to do.  It took some effort though.  The more intricate and the more winks, the more interesting the piece usually is when it is done.  The details and the winks do require more time and effort... but are well worth it in the end.  Reminds me of people:)

There was a crack on one of the edges of trim that I could not see until the first coat of paint was on due to the wood grain.  Enter Wood Filler, which I have a cantankerous relationship with!  As of now, I am convinced that the key is to let it dry... but not get rock hard before you sand it.  Some of what is so low stress about chalk paint is that you can just continue on from there... and I did!  Sanded the wood filler, and kept on painting.

There are some cracks in the legs that it would have been a shame to cover!  They are part of what gives this piece it's Old World, Shi Shi, Casual Charm.  The Annie Sloan Dark Wax really brings of the beauty of those 'winks'. (see my post on winks:)

No comments:

Post a Comment