Monday, December 26, 2011

A Chair Worth it's Weight in Gold


This chair is worth  it's weight in gold.  It's an Ikea chair that I bought used several years ago.  I bought it to put in my office, so that my girls would have something comfy to entice them to come sit if I am in here working.

It works.  People plop into this chair.  It's comfortable.  It's usable.  True, it's white, but the slipcover is washable. 

Best of all, sometimes on quiet mornings if I am up early, Elianna will wander down with her sleepy eyes in search of me, find me in my office and request a snuggle.  Even though she is up to my shoulder now, we both fit, and the soft arms of the chair help provide a nest for us to cuddle:)  So actually, the chair is worth more than it's weight in gold!

Over the years, I have come to think about what I want our furniture to accomplish.  I swapped out the cool antique chairs at the kitchen table for redesigned chairs with padded seats... and now we linger longer over dinner.  We recently swapped out one of our sofa sets for a sectional, which I am normally not a big fan of, but already we are enjoying all of us being able to get onto one piece of furniture!

Sometimes furniture really is for artistic purposes.  Sometimes it is for people to enjoy and really use.

No comments:

Post a Comment