Sunday, April 15, 2012

Getting Organized...

Today is to be spent getting organized.  Where to start?  With paint of course!  (And then on to installing my new accounting software....ugh!)

I gave my old metal, utilitarian file cabinet away.  Aesthetics really impact me, and it was much too, well, ugly, to help my office and creative space.

I got this cabinet from a local thrift store for $7.50.  Perfectly functional... and though a definite step up from it's beige metal predecessor... still ugly.  Old oak veneer.  'Nough said.



CeCe Caldwell's Simply White Chalk & Clay Paint to the rescue!  It is so nice to just be able to wash a piece down and get started.  No priming.  No sanding.  Just getting down to the business of beautification!

So, here it is after two coats.  I haven't waxed it yet.  I am undecided as to how I want to wax it... clear, with dark wax... or to use the fantastic Satin Finish (a brush on finish that is more scrubable.... new word!).  I'll think on that.



In the mean time, off to a big box store for some rolling casters to put it on.... you never know when you might want to do your filing in the front room!  :)

I'll post the final pic when it's done!

No comments:

Post a Comment