Saturday, June 15, 2013

Wet Distressing with CeCe Caldwell's

 
I love wet distressing CeCe Caldwell's paints... for several reasons.  First, I love the look.  Second, I love the ease.  I did this with a damp paper towel in a jiffy...in my kitchen.  No dust.  No mess to clean up.  I just threw the paper towel away after and rinsed my hands with water.  That makes me sound a tad lazy... well maybe... but why do it the hard way when you can do it the easy way?
 
To achieve this look, I did a first coat in Kentucky Mint. 
 

After that dried, I put on a coat of Santa Fe Turquoise rather sparingly, not too worried about coverage and let that dry because...

 
I then took a damp paper towel and blended the paint, and rubbed harder in places that I wanted some to come off revealing the first payer of paint (and the previous finish). 



This is super easy to do.  If you are nervous about trying a new technique, go pick yourself up a $5 chair or end table at a garage sale and play around with it.  No significant loss if you don't love your first attempt... and you will likely end up with something you love!

No comments:

Post a Comment