Sunday, October 21, 2012

Back to painting....

Painting is such a zen, relaxing process for me.  I literally crave it.  My hubby is recovering from his surgery, and I am back in the groove.  It is like a sigh of relief picking up a brush again.

I picked up this original painting in it's outdated frame.  I am thinking it's final color will be CeCe Caldwell's Cinco Bayou Moss, but we'll see.  I did the first coat in Vermont Slate and it just freshened the painting up so much that I may stick with that...

I had to take a picture half way through the first coat because it was transforming the look so much.  I feel like old pieces also breath a sigh of relief when they get a makeover and a new purpose in life:)

 
Look at the difference already!
 
 
 
So what do you think?  Cinco Bayou Moss to bring out those greens, or stick with Vermont Slate?

No comments:

Post a Comment