Saturday, March 3, 2012

El Paseo Here We Come!

We landed in Palm Springs the other day and drove through Palm Dessert to Indian Wells where we are staying.  The family is converging for my parent's 50th wedding anniversary.  I was already excited to be here, to see everybody, and enjoy this lovely sunshine, and then...
as we were driving, we: must have passed 20 consignment stores along the way.  Oh goodness.  That's like champagne and dark chocolate for me!  I was high by the time we got to the hotel.  I have never seen anything like it.

My cousin Lisa is headed over this morning to meet up.  We are going to go explore all the shi shi shops on El Paseo (if you've never been there, it looks like a cross between Beverly Hills and a Mediterranean country club).  After we comb El Paseo, we are off to the consignment stores to see what folks buy on El Paseo and then take to the thrift and consignment stores! I feel like a kid at Christmas!

The only down side is that it may torture me if I see a wonderful furniture piece begging for a redo since I can't take it back on the plane(:

No comments:

Post a Comment