Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Winks...

Reclaimed things almost always have what I call winks.... that little nod acknowledging that this is something from a time gone by, and a reminder of it's life before.  I like these winks from the past.  They provide markers and continuity, and are part of the story of the life cycle of the object.  They lend character to a piece, like well earned crow's feet add depth to eyes.

I am also a bit of a perfectionist.  This morning I am doing battle with a wink that is too impudent to leave unadressed. I am really pleased with how the buffet in Old Ohcre is turning out!  Just one thing is bugging me.  One corner of one door drags just slightly when I shut it.  So I got out the sand paper.  No.  Now the rasp.  Not so much.  It feels like a stubborn, mischevious child.  Of course it could just be that the door is solid wood and nearly two inches thick;)  Wink.  Back to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment